Friday, July 11, 2014

Week 9 Day 17 & 18 (July 8 and 9): The finding aid is finally finished

This week's work was pretty solid and the schedule I made for myself went smoothly (this rarely happens by the way). I finally, FINALLY finished the Finding Aid. The only thing I have left is to write the biographies of each family and send the final copy to Christine. I'm honestly really happy I started and finished this so quickly. I'm also quite proud of myself because I really did start this completely from scratch. It really was rewarding to complete something I absolutely had no experience doing.

On Wednesday I was also invited by Christine to go to a meeting for the MHM that included the Maitland mayor, the vice mayor, Christine's boss Andrea and other really important people with really important titles. I don't think I've ever been to a meeting like that but I agreed with Christine when she said it was important to show myself at a time and place like this (plus I got to see how important Christine and the work she does really is on a larger scale). The meeting really opened my eyes to how important Maitland's Art and History Museums are to the community and the long term needs of said community. Honestly the meeting made me want to get more involved and reinforced my passion for what I'm doing at the MHM.

Anyways, that is all for now. Next week we will probably start photographing the pictures from the Founding Families Collection, starting with the Vanderpool family (they seem to be highly underrated in my humble opinion).

Have a great weekend everyone!

-Ambar the History Student

No comments:

Post a Comment