Friday, June 27, 2014

Week 7 Day 13 (June 24)

So this week will be short and to the point.

On Tuesday I officially finished sorting the last of the Founding Families Collection. I think it is safe to say that 99% of all the information on all the families are in their designated boxes and on the specific shelves that Christine and I chose to store the collection. Christine and I went over a game plan as to how we are going to set up a finding aid for the collection after finding a pretty decent and detailed one in her office. Seriously this museum is like a magical house straight out of the world of Harry Potter. If you ask for something/need anything it will wondrously appear in the last place you expected to find it (I may or may not loudly ask for a brand new car...just saying).

I also did some research this week on how accession numbers work, how to create them for each item and that we need to add said accession numbers to PastPerfect. Since I will not have enough time to do every item in every box I will be sticking to a specific box in the collection that has the least amount of items (trust me it is still quite a few items) which contains information and photographs of two of the founding families. Hopefully if all goes well I will be able to start accessioning items by next week and I have already started adding information to the finding aid.

Also the reason this post includes only the work I did on Tuesday is because on Wednesday, due to a family emergency, I was not able to come in.

Anyways, hope everyone has a fabulous weekend.

-Ambar the History Student

No comments:

Post a Comment