Friday, May 30, 2014

Week 3 Days 5 and 6 (May 27 and 28): Phase 1 is officially over

Sorry again for the late response (I've apologized way too many times and should just stick to the habit of posting on time). I shall keep this short and sweet since this week was very much like the last. The only difference is that I finally finished taking inventory of all the items on the shelf. All I have to do now is go back and tweak some things on the new database. I'm really proud that I got this far and that I was part of the process of creating an actual database. I feel like this was the easy part and the hard part begins next week when Christine and I begin creating collections. Thankfully Dr. Beiler (that's my supervisor at UCF in case I haven't mentioned her before) shone a light towards what direction I should take this and where to find valuable information on how archiving really works. I'm terrified because I'm just really hoping I don't screw this up. On the other hand I truly feel like I'm leaving my mark on this awesome little museum which has come to mean so much to me in three short weeks.

By the way Christine finally showed me the attic and it's pretty huge. It was clearly more than an attic when it was first built and more of an upper level for extra bedroom space. The attic is where they keep this slightly creepy mannequin which from what I heard was put up there due to its creepiness. Christine warned me that the room I was stepping into held the actual mannequin but that didn't stop me from letting out a yelp the moment I saw it's face. She thought it was hilarious, I'm pretty sure I had a mini heart attack. She then showed me this little room which in and of itself was creepy because even though the sun was shining bright outside, the room was WAY too dark for my liking. For whatever reason we both got really quiet and just stared into it when the air conditioning cut on, making this really loud noise, which inevitably made Christine create her own little yelp (sweet, sweet revenge for laughing at my totally logical fears of life sized dolls). While we're on the subject of things that go bump in the night, Christine told me that she doesn't like to go up there unless there is someone else in the museum because she doesn't want to accidentally get hurt or trip down the stairs and no one will be there to help her or hear her. Look, I'm a pretty smart cookie and I know what that she REALLY means. She doesn't want to be pushed down the stairs and the last thing she sees when she looks back is the face of a haunted mannequin looking down at her as she meets her doom at the bottom of the stairs. That's not a way you want to go and no one would believe you anyways. When no one's around does a mannequin maniacally laugh out loud?

Anyways that's all for now and I promise to post at least one picture next week of this way too realistic mannequin.

P.S. I just read the last line to my first paragraph and realized it sounds like I'm declaring my love to a building. Nicholas Sparks I hope you're reading...you just found your next big sappy novel/blockbuster.

No comments:

Post a Comment